Friday 13 February 2015

Another new year

It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating Christmas and suddenly it is the middle of February! I have, however, so far this year made a positive start towards setting up an online shop. Hoorah! 

I have been working on new designs for samplers for a variety of occasions. Weddings, Christenings and Birthdays will all be catered for. This had been a wonderful experience playing with fabric and getting back to sketching. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the studio a lot more due to a change in job to a part time position. Back in October I made a big decision to leave a full time job I had been in for 7 years, to pursue my passion and to build a business around something I love doing. This goes back to my motto of 'do what you love and love what you do.' I am pleased to say I haven't regretted this decision at all. I went on a lovely long holiday to Australia and came back to a part time job in an art gallery, a very good place to be! 

Hopefully I will have an online shop up and running by Easter, a prospect I am extremely excited about. Here is a sneak preview of what you might see in the shop.




 
















I apologise for the photo quality (they are not the best!) but they hopefully give you an idea of what I've been up to.

Here's to 2015! Onwards and (hopefully!) upwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment