Wednesday 3 June 2015

Time to reflect

I have recently returned to life drawing for the first time in a long while. It has now become a regular class I attend roughly every 5 weeks. Returning to the discipline has made me realise how much I miss some of the materials I used to use a lot.

While at university I did a lot of drawing so attending the class is a sort of reunion for me with something I used to be very familiar with. 




It didn't take long for me to get back into a rhythm, although I still have off days like any artist does. Not only have I got back into my drawing but I have started to embrace new materials and even started painting, however this is still a technique in progress!



It is also a lovely opportunity to interact with other artists, view their work and talk about ideas. Although I am part of a studio group, I find we can all be ships passing in the night what with all our commitments elsewhere. Spending a whole day drawing is such a brilliant way to spend a day (although totally knackering!)



The human form is a beautiful thing and no two are the same. I enjoy drawing the curves of the body and experimenting with different materials. 
I shall keep you updated with the painting progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment