Sunday 12 January 2014

New Year, New Focus

So now that the business of the festive period has passed, it is time for us all to sit back and reflect on the previous year and make resolutions for the coming one. Some of these resolutions will be upheld all year and some won't last beyond the first few weeks (or even hours in some cases!)

In my case, I have a to do list.

 
 
 
OK, on a serious note, it's not that simple, it will take a long time and some serious effort but in the end it will all be worth it. Especially as it is something I am so passionate about. It brings me back to a quote from my previous post,

Do what you love and love what you do.

This is my mantra for this year.

I already have a website (www.helenjenkinsdesigns.com) and a Facebook page (Helen Jenkins Designs) so the next step is an Etsy shop. Selling online is something I have never tried before and it will put my work on show to the world, and that is a pretty scary but exciting prospect. I will obviously keep you updated on how this venture goes.

In the meantime I will continue to make work by playing with fabric and trimmings, working on pieces to bring a smile to a face. Still constantly searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment